Polenta Carrot Cake
I think I might just made by accident the most amazing, vegan, gluten free, totally healthy cake!!!I have a lot of carrots in the fridge, hence the cake...
- 120g fine polenta
- 80g ground almonds
- 100g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 bar dark chocolate (ca. 25g)
- 350g finely grated carrots
- 1 orange: zest & juice (make sure it is organic!)
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml rice syrup
- 3 tbsp flax seed
- 50ml almond milk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl mix polenta, ground almonds, flour, bicarbonate of soda.
- Ground the flaxseeds and add to the mixture.
- Gently fold in the carrots, orange zest & orange juice.
- Blend the olive oil, vanilla bean, rice syrup & almond milk.
- Add to mixture. At the very end chop up the chocolate & fold under.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Check with a large toothstick if the cake is ready – it is ready when none of the dough sticks to the toothstick.